Monday, February 16, 2009

Procrastination sets in earlier than I had hoped

I’m at a point where I’m procrastinating against writing stuff or the February LARP. I expected this to happen, but hopefully this month will be the hardest one: I had all the time in the world to write the first LARP (and actually took a month and a half to do so). But the second LARP has to fall in the real month-long schedule, if I want to keep things on track. And since it’s the first one actually written in a month, I haven’t developed a set of habits for doing so.

But my procrastinating doesn’t help. Nor does losing my USB drive and my written notes for the game. Hopefully, I can reconstruct things. And hopefully, having to rebuild the game from scratch in two weeks will leave me better prepared for future months. One thing that has helped is the announcing the LARP well in advance, which means people are unconsciously reminding me about it whenever they RSVP. Which puts social pressure on top of the personally established system of deadlines. Social pressure might be more effective as a motivator to get me writing than anything I could do myself. And getting myself to write things and run things and try out new things and do some non-D&D based gaming is basically why I’m doing this LARP-A-Month project anyway.

But the longer I write this post, the less time I spend writing up time travelling Swedish superheroes. So off to adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment