Monday, August 31, 2009

August = Fail

I'm not going to offer excuses (though I could), but I need to fess up here that I failed to get a LARP organized by the end of August. Which sucks, but I still want to try for future months. Possibly the work on the Poking the Emperor game will be used for September or November. (October is spoken for already.)

September may or may not be preempted by Game Chef 2009, the annual roleplaying game design competition. Though this year it's not really a competition, any more than NaNoWriMo is.

In the meantime, readers should check out Game Chef, too. Make your own game, or read other people's attempts to make games. When things are finished, read some of the rough draft games that get made, and find one that you love. Playtest things. Have fun.

You can follow my Game Chefing exploits over on the blog made for that purpose. If this keeps up, I'll just have a blog for every topic I ever write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment