Monday, July 20, 2009

I am currently stuck in the "two weeks until the LARP happens" slump, wherein I worry constantly if anyone will actually attend the thing. Right now there are all of 3 players RSVPed, which makes me wonder how small a group we need to play.

Now, this happens every month, and sometime in the remaining time the guest list expands, but I need to remind myself of this every single time. And I still try to adjust plans as it happens, in case we really do have a below average turnout.



something I noticed just now was that all the female characters in this game are about blending or bridging two distinct cultural groups, whereas the male roles all seem to be more certain about their place in the world. More definite in which group they belong in. I think that's sort of interesting, and worth milking for thematic value, if I can figure out how. It's sort of accidental, but it makes some sort of intuitive sense (especially when you look at the individual characters and the setting, rather than an abstract statement about gender).

No comments:

Post a Comment